Sunday, December 17, 2006

You'll Be Surprised What You Can Handle

Two major storms passed through recently. I got over the first one in no time at all. It was anticipated, after all. Still, it is quite a blow. It's not the actual experience that is jolting but the details of the incident. I have proven two important points though:
1) God's delays are never God's denials. Up until that time, I have taken it for granted that I've been forgotten. It's funny how life's events unfold to show us the wisdom in His plans. When God does not give us what we want, it is because what we want is not the best for us.
2) Although I know little about this person, I have come to admire the person even more. Because it takes a lot of courage to accept and embrace being yourself especially when our society dictates or labels that "who we are" is not right. Here's to those who are different, those who do not accept the available boxes and pigeon holes and who won't give up their identity or dignity.

About the second storm, I have to congratulate myself for being human. And one day, I know I will see the comic strip behind this disaster.

I see another storm coming and I'm bracing myself. This time, it's for me to decide. Two equally weighty options. One daunting task. I hope I decide for the best. Not only for everyone involved but primarily for myself. So, goodluck to me.

No comments: